BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

slab default settings irratation

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi guys i was hoping you could help in desperate need here. when i go into slab default settings to put down a typical concrete slab. i cant change in favourites ceiling to generic concrete slab. every time i do it changes on its own back to the original i dont why selected ceiling. any help would be much appreciated
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
You have to double click the favourite to select it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
hey thanks for reply. yea i am doing that then it changes the metrics as i would expect to the original but then i click back to check favourites box and it has returned to ceiling mode???? baffled
Barry Kelly
Not sure if this will help to explain the favourite palette or not?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
strange enough ceiling is the default setting unexplainable considering its in a slab module. sorry dude im still in hell
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is something important to know about the Settings Dialog: there is the settings of the last selected element, and there is the default settings.
If you select an element and go to the settings Dialog you will see the settings of that element. You can apply a Favorite to it and the settings of selected elements will change accordingly.
However, this does not change the default settings. So if you deselect elements and then again go to the settings dialog, it will show the default settings (which may be different from the selection's settings). If you apply a Favorite now it will change the default settings. However, doing this will not change the settings of any existing elements. The settings will be applied to any element created henceforth.

This is something to watch for when using the Settings Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!