Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

story settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
my first floor is .75 above the ground and the rest of the stories are getting the same distance from each other (.75 cm ) I don't Know what to do I have tried so many things and it didn't work
thanks in advance
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
It´s very simple:
Story Settings 2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all thanks for your answer . I looked at the your reply and in the window that you have posted I can see the same problem that I have .If you look at your first floor the elevation is 3.75 .In my case the ground floor starts at .75 and the hight is 4 m and I want the second floor elevation starts at 4.30 but when I change it it changes every thing else or goes back to 4.75 .this is the problem when I look at the perspective there is an empty space between the floors.
Barry Kelly
If you ground floor starts at 0.75 and is 4.0 high then your second floor will start at 4.75
If you want the second floor to start at 4.3 then the height of the ground floor is only 3.6

The height to next is the floor to floor height and not the floor to underside of slab (or ceiling).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
KeesW
Advocate
I thought that 'height to next' was whatever you wanted it to be. One could choose to measure the next storey to the underside of the next floor couldn't one?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cornelius,

You could or can do whatever suits your needs but consider that when creating a slab (eg floor) that Slab Tool sets the Slab out from the Top not the Bottom
Barry Kelly
KeesW wrote:
I thought that 'height to next' was whatever you wanted it to be. One could choose to measure the next storey to the underside of the next floor couldn't one?
I like to keep it simple and measure from floor to floor.
I then use layers to get the plans I want - site, floor, ceiling, roof.

But there is no stopping you from setting up stories for site, floor, ceiling, roof, etc.

Just remember that the "height to next" affects the height of the floor above (and all those abive that).
So long as all your "heights to next" add up to the height between your actual floor levels you can have as many stories between floors as you need.
You can even have zero height floors.
Hence why I like to use the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle and go floor to floor with layer combinations.
But that is just the way I like to work - there are many alternatives.

So long as all your actual "floor" stories are at the heights of the actual floor levels then all elements (slabs, walls, roofs, etc) are simply placed with reference to that storey (as if it was at zero height).
Even as long as your intermediate stories (ceilings, roofs, etc.) are at the correct heights then you just place ceilings or roofs at zero level relative to that storey.

The way I do it is place my ceiling slab 2800mm above the ground floor - but that is logical to me because I know the ceiling is at 2800mm high.
If it had its own storey then I would make sure that storey is set up at 2800 high and place the ceiling slab at zero.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
KeesW
Advocate
I agree with everyone and set my stories to co-incide with flor levels. I was just responding to Barry's assertion which some might read to mean that they could only be set at floor levels.

What is your view on setting the main floor at a relative, rather than official datum, level? For example, setting the main level at, e.g. 100.000m. This avoids -ve storey notations for basements in low sited buildings and makes it easier to calculate and visualise floor level changes. My present job has the main floor level at 107.810 which is hard to add and subtract from because it is such an odd number. It is calculated from the official AHD site level.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU