Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

transparent fill in composite

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to make a composite wall with one fill transparent (air)
but it seems impossible?
Am I doing something wrong or AC15 just can't do that?
6 REPLIES 6
Gerald Hoffman
Advocate
I have been able to make composite walls with an airspace. Can you post a screen shot of what it looks like when you set up a space with airspace or empty fill as the fill pattern?

Cheers,
Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-5030 USA
2019 MacBook Pro-macOS 15.0 (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)
Karl Ottenstein
dasneboja wrote:
I am trying to make a composite wall with one fill transparent (air)
but it seems impossible?
Am I doing something wrong or AC15 just can't do that?
Better to use a complex profile wall with a physical air space... it will show up in all views.

Just select your current composite wall and use the menu command to capture the selected wall's profile... edit (delete the 'air' skin, etc), save the profile, and change the wall type from composite to your new profile...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
While what Karl said may work as a work around, switching from a composite to a complex profile can create other substantial problems down the road.

--> I was just going through section settings (AC20) and found a toggle for transparency in the cut elements rollout. That's your best bet. Also check your wall object settings for any cut surface overrides that may be set for the specific wall.
Barry Kelly
This original post is over 5 years old and I don't think we had transparent materials (surfaces) in composites back then.
All you need to do now is set up a surface (air space) that is transparent.
Use that surface in your 'air space' building material and then use that building material in your composite.
So long as transparency is turned on in 3D you will have an invisible air space.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
Just an observation but if you have a transparent cavity then you will see ALL the penetrations across the cavity in the section (unless you limit the depth of cut). Sometimes useful, usually confusing...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can give your 'air' materials a white/window background pen and still have it invisible in 3D views though (using 'air' as surface). I agree that having a transparant fill is not going to be very clear in sections where you see all windows and what not there. It may be true to reality, but it will confuse your average construction worker
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5