Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

typing measurement while modeling

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm new to ArchiCAD (17) and I have an issue. When entering dimensions, either drawing a wall or entering data for windows, if I want a measurement of, for example, 7'-2", when I type that in the program will automatically change the dimension to 7'. I have to try a couple of times or add a space between the dash before it finally registers. Is there a setting I can change to stop this?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
You might not be typing fast enough and the program is automatically updating the value after a second and a half.

If this is it, you can go to Options->Work Environment Profiles->User Preference Schemes->Dialog Boxes and Palettes and the first setting should be Dialog Box Auto-Update Delay. Change that and it should help.

Or if you want to keep the quicker update time, don't type 7'-2" but just type 7-2 and you should easily beat the auto update.
Eduardo Rolon
zeropointreference wrote:
…, don't type 7'-2" but just type 7-2 and you should easily beat the auto update.
ARRGH! Still learning new things, 7-2 (didn't know this one) the other option is typing 7'2
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I wish I knew this a week ago. But it's better late than never.