BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

using morph to do solid element operation of slabs

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am interesting in using a morph to cut holes in the slabs of a building over several floors, for the creation of an atrium. I can get the cutout to show in 3d, but it does not appear in 2d. Any thoughts?

the second step is that I want to use a custom profile wall to follow the path of the cutout to create the railing, but without seeing in plan, I can not magic wand the path... and when I try in 3d, it just does not want to play along...

Any guidance would be great. I have looked for instructions on ArchiCAD site and on you tube, but have not found anything...
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
CCArch wrote:
I am interesting in using a morph to cut holes in the slabs of a building over several floors, for the creation of an atrium. I can get the cutout to show in 3d, but it does not appear in 2d. Any thoughts?

the second step is that I want to use a custom profile wall to follow the path of the cutout to create the railing, but without seeing in plan, I can not magic wand the path... and when I try in 3d, it just does not want to play along...

Any guidance would be great. I have looked for instructions on ArchiCAD site and on you tube, but have not found anything...
Is there a reason you are not simply cutting a hole in the slab itself? Select the slab (and you can do this with multiple slabs selected in 3D now in 18, apparently) and with the slab tool selected draw the shape of your cutout, which then becomes a hole. No morph needed, no SEO or other magic tricks. You will then also be able to "Magic wand" your complex profile wall around the hole.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I like this, s2art!
Erich
Contributor
If you really need to use a morph shape to SEO the slab, turn the morph into an object and then use the object as an operator.

Of course you still won't see the result of the SEO in plan - that is a morph and shell only thing for now. If you need that Stuart's suggestion is best (also easier).
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Learn and get certified!