cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

wall tool cadimage

Anonymous
Not applicable
are there any of you out there using cadimage wall framing tool
anyone in the northwest that would be willing to talk about it please
send a private message
20 REPLIES 20
ohoh

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Dwight
Newcomer
I can see that after a harsh experience like that, you'd prefer to use a hammer. How many weeks were you in the hospital?

I see also that you have benefitted from intense dental care.

Anyway, I am convinced that nail guns aren't a universal replacement for hammers. Just finishing the dishes from supper by hand and realized that i hate dishwashers. You don't get to talk to the missus unless she is drying.
Dwight Atkinson
Barry Kelly
Steve wrote:
ohoh
We've got "Extreme Sports", maybe this is just "Extreme Acupuncture"

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
"I slipped and accidentally shot myself 6 times in the head with a nail gun"... "from different directions"

But they don't even look like nail gun nails
Dwight
Newcomer
That guy's nailgun accident reminds me of the Toronto tradesman who fell off a ladder in an unoccupied apartment building. When he regained consciousness, his hammer drill had penetrated his skull. It was so heavy - i imagine one of the larger Hilti's - that in order to escape, he needed to turn on the hammer drill and pull it out.

They had him talking on the radio the next day so i guess some lucky guys have a void in their skull.

My buddy is in the emergency room at Vancouver General. Such stories! This week's grotesque is the mess created when a grinding wheel explodes up along the arm.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
ohoh
That looks more like a job site "accident". Probably on a job that didn't have a tall enough elevator.
Rick Thompson
Expert
Gary wrote:
Got everything working. Campbell from cadimage was able to take care of all the problems I was having. ... I believe at the end of the month when my trial version runs out I will have to spring for this add on.
I think I will just continue this thread rather than start a new one, despite the gruesome turn it has taken. (I've shot myself a few too many time).

While I agree with the "why does a good framer need wall layouts", LEED For Homes reference guide gives a credit for providing a detailed cut list, including interior and exterior wall framing. So, I am thinking about providing as much LEED credit info in some of my stock plans as I can.

Gary, or anyone else, did you continue with Cadimage Wall Framing add on, and are you happy with it?

thanks
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Stress Co_
Advisor
Steve wrote:
I stand by my opinion about nail guns. My opinion is based on 28 years of building with hammers, and nail guns. I am the son of a carpenter, and both of my grandfathers were also carpenters. I know how to use a hammer, a nail gun, and ArchiCAD.
I hear you on nail guns... I've never heard of a carpenter nailing his foot to the roof sheathing with a hammer??
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
All this guy needs is a tool belt, and he would be the spitten image of the
safety-last crew that's been depicted here lately.
It doesn't matter what tool you give a safety-last crew, they will find a way to do damage to themselves or others!
OOps, back on thread...
As I builder, I would also really like to see a real world sample of cadimage's framing add on's acumen.
(now that ain't no good grammar?).
Bier
Rick Thompson
Expert
maybe I should have started a new thread, rather than continue this one
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display