Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

wall with a raked (sloped) top plate

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there an easy way to create a wall with a raked top plate. I have to create an interior wall next to a staircase that has a raked (sloped) top plate. This is an interior wall so there is no roof to cut the wall to.
Can anybody tell me if there is a quick easy way to create a simple wall with a raked (sloped) top plate.
thank you
6 REPLIES 6
Srinivas
Booster
Hi John,
You can temporarily use a roof over the wall to trim the portion of wall above the top plate by using the "Trim to Roof" option - "Ctrl + 0 (zero)" and then delete the roof.

If the wall is below the stair, use SEO (Design > Solid Element Operations) to trim off the extra portion of wall above the stair.

Hope this helps.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aloha Srinivas,
That is very helpful. I will use this technique. I appreciate the trick.
I was hoping that Graphisoft had developed the wall tool to be able to directly make a wall with a raked top plate. This is a very common building component. Too bad that the software doesn't offer a tools that reflect the way real world construction works.
Mahalo,
John
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
What about a Complex Profile? Simply draw the profile you wish and apply it to your interior wall. No trim to roof or SEO required.

I wasn't sure at first if AC11 had CP's since I started in 13 but I checked and they were introduced in 10.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Hi John, how's the weather over there in paradise?
You can use a strut or a rafter for that from the roof construction library.
Lot's of ways to make a sloped top plate for a wall.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
That's a situation for your best friend, the good old mesh tool...

Cheers
Francois
François Chatelain
Worldwide Digital Imaging
Formerly posting as RanXerox
"A little bump will help blur your reflections"
Stress Co_
Advisor
Aloha John:

Your wall has a top plate?

Model the top plate with the roof tool. Then SEO the wall from the top plate (subtraction with upwards extrusion).

Pretty much the same as Srinivas posted.

Maleko
Stair.jpg
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)