Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

want to select a portion of a detail to place in layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps the detail drawing was created incorrectly (I didn't create them) or maybe it has to do with them being done in AC9 and migrated over. But in AC17 when I try to place a detail onto my layout sheet it comes in as a huge (much larger than layout sheet) drawing which is mostly blank space with the actual teeny detail up in the corner. This happens on both the drag and drop method or opening the detail and doing the Document-->Save on layout method. SO is there a way to "crop" the detail before placing it on the layout. Or a way to select just the actual detail. Or maybe a way to crop it once the huge part has been placed? I need help!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
When the detail view is saved (in View Settings) use the "Fit in Window" option for zooming at the bottom of the dialogue box. Then when the detail is placed on the Layout it will fit the frame to the extents of the detail.
You should be able to select multiple details in the View Map, go to Settings and change them all together.
Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 11.07.12 AM.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It may also be that the reason the Detail comes in so huge on the Layout because there is actually some small element in the opposite corner to where the Detail is and that is also included so the boundaries of the Drawing on the Layout will be calucalated to be that large.
You can open the source View of the Drawing and select all elements, the highlight might show you that there are some element you did not notice.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Jody wrote:
Or maybe a way to crop it once the huge part has been placed?
The Drawing can be cropped on the Layout (select the Drawing, then select the Offset Edge option in the Pet Palette). The cursor will respond to elements in the Drawing, so you can place a Hotspot in the Detail for the extents of the detail you want to show, then use that Hotspot on the placed Drawing when cropping the Drawing.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14