cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

wavy roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm a beginner with Archicad. Been using it for like 2 months now and I know the basics..but when it comes to something difficult I'm having some problems.. I'm doing a project in school and we have to design an art gallery. The most special thing we want on the building is a roof and now I have problems how to design something like that in archicad.

Our building is build near a hill..like just a little part of it is in the hill, but most of all is outside..and the front part is near a river. What we want to do is that the roof would be like a bit wavy..that it would look like it is
- afflux of the river or
- continuation of the hill
Something between those two. It would be build from like 3 waves.

So my question is how to make that kind of roof in archicad? If it's even possible.

p.s.: sorry for opening a new subject but I didn't know where to write this and I hope I decribed my problem as clear as possible.
16 REPLIES 16
Djordje
Ace
Since Archicad 6.o (1999 ...)

http://www.graphisoft.com/archiguide_archive/ArchiGuide_Online_6o/issue15/roofs.html
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
@ thomas

I've done what you've said..used the beam roof..but SEO still isn't working as it should ..I selected the beam roof as operator, and the walls as target, then subtract it with upwards extrusion...then clicked execute...but nothing happened...I didn't saw anything changed...

@djordje

I think I could use a vault roof for my project too. But I tried before and I don't know how to create it. I don't really understand this part of instructions:
If you have an arc segment, spline or wall outline in the plan window, you can space bar click with the Vaulted Roof option selected to begin creating the roof.
I don't know how to do that.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Maiya wrote:
..I didn't saw anything changed...
Well, I can't even guess what's wrong without some picture. Please post a screen dump of how it looks!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want to try the roof tool to make a vaulted roof
please see this thread it might help.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=82203&highlight=vaulted+roof#82203
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I've done something since walls aren't bigger than the roof anymore. But now I have holes in my beam (roof) where walls stand. I don't even know what I've done
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your Beam that makes your roof: In your layer manager you need to make it's layer number different than the number for the walls.

Your walls are probably a number "1".
So I would put your beam roof on its own layer and give it a number like "3"

Remember you need to update these numbers to follow through all of your layer combinations. this way they won't try to clean or interfere with each other, cause that's what they're trying to do.
Djordje
Ace
Take another look at the link I have posted, especially the sketches on the left side.

Get someone to show you. Takes all of five minutes.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen