Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

working units set but still display incorrectly

heathldesign
Expert
I have the working units, dimensions and calculations set to ⅛" but the risers on my stairs are displaying in 64ths, bug?
H
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello everyone,

So, it looks like the issue is that the stair description text displays the measurements in 1/64" precision when its unit is set to inches (which is the default setting).

If you want this to follow your Dimension Unit settings instead (in project preferences - where you defined e.g. a 1/8" precision for length measurements), then you just have to go to the Description text settings of the stair, and change the unit from "inch" to "by Project Preferences".

I hope this helps you Heath, and also others who might stumble upon this issue in the future.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
I am not quite sure what you mean.

Can you reproduce the same in an empty project, or only in a specific one?
If you can, then could you create a really simple test file, and post it here, with a picture showing what the problem is?

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

heathldesign
Expert
Thankds dkovacs, i'll give it a go. will the int libraries update automatically when updates are available?
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

When there's a library update available for your version, you should get a notification about it (if you have notifications about updates turned on). You can also check it manually by going to 'Help>Check for Updates...'.

In either case, you will need to download and install the updates manually.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

heathldesign
Expert
thanks
I just realized that my last reply was to the wrong post, but you answered anyway, thanks again. as soon as i find an example of the dimension issue, i'll send it along.
Heath
heathldesign
Expert
ok, i found what i was looking for. i have my working units and dimensions set to ⅛" but my stair risers are displaying in 64ths which is slightly overkill. how do i adjust the dimension display for the stairs?
Heath
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

I am not quite sure where to look for this.
  • Could you post a picture of this issue?
  • Could you reproduce the same in an empty project, or only in a specific one?
  • If you can, then could you create a really simple test file, and post it here (or send me the file in a Private Message)?
Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Solution
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello everyone,

So, it looks like the issue is that the stair description text displays the measurements in 1/64" precision when its unit is set to inches (which is the default setting).

If you want this to follow your Dimension Unit settings instead (in project preferences - where you defined e.g. a 1/8" precision for length measurements), then you just have to go to the Description text settings of the stair, and change the unit from "inch" to "by Project Preferences".

I hope this helps you Heath, and also others who might stumble upon this issue in the future.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

heathldesign
Expert
Great, thanks Daniel.
Heath
heathldesign
Expert
Hi Daniel,
Ok, I don't have those options see screen shot. in fact, i can't see anywhere to even add the rise and run dimensions without manually adding it in the custom text field. this is a different model, but it's still AC@@ USA and it's still the standard profiles. what's going on here? I am also seeing the same issue with some of my windows. there is no place in my window selection settings to change this as far as i can see either.
Heath