Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

Transfer of acknowledged wishes to the new wish list

I hope that it is not just the top 100 liked wishes that get transferred to the new wish list but also every wish that has been previously acknowledged by GS and given an wish# - I mean that list should just be sitting there vetted and ready to go 🤔

4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

After reading the Wishlist Spring Cleanup posts, my understanding about the significance of the Top 100 wishes is that "...the top 100 most upvoted wishes will undergo automatic evaluation for potential inclusion in our Product Management and Development roadmap".

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

As we now can see the new wishlist taking form: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishlist/idb-p/wishlist there are a few comments to be made. It seems as the spring clean top 100 got directly qualified to upvoted which otherwise would take 80 votes within 3 months. Given the number of votes and time taken to reach it historically this seems as a very high requirement that not many wishes fulfill if the new initiative doesn't induce a drastically change in the incentive for users to interact. I would advise that the time component is removed or atleast increased. If this isn't done it becomes crucial that the wishes made earlier and acknowledged by GS by being entered into a database also are transferred into the upvoted category - or what exactly was the point of that exercise? And ideally also high polled wishes from the old forum should be entered.

Regarding the increased incentive for users to interact - by the looks of it this won't happen due to the UI which has Khoros sickness and lacks a clear overview  (the wish report was excellent) which only leaves the ability for GS to deliver wishes as a potential incentive. And regarding this it there seem to be a lot of built in hold-ups so let's hope that GS can push some easy ones through quickly to show result!

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @thesleepofreason,

I'm happy to reflect on a few of your concerns. What you see on the new board is a work in progress version of the first iteration of the pages. You can argue with me if it was necessary to make the current version public already, but personally I voted for this way, because if we don't do this, all you'd see is a closed wishlist on the other board and that "Graphisoft disappeared yet again for a month".

The number 80 you find pretty harsh is one of the things we still consider in the background, we check the analytics and do our researches. No need to worry about this. All the wishes that were in the top 100 from the old board were considered already upvoted. These wishes will be evaluated by the Product team in the upcoming period.

Regarding the user interface, it's not ready at the moment, will change in the upcoming weeks and even what you see then is not meant for forever. We'd like to continuously update and progress with it and I can assure you that we have plans much further than the next month. It will take time, we cannot guarantee perfection immediately, but we're happy if you share in details which elements you find problematic to understand and why, so we can reconsider with the UX team what can be done.

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Of course I understand that it is a work in progress (thus the phrasing "now can see the new wishlist taking form") and I don't mind it being done in public as it gives us the opportunity to make comments like this along the way. But to be honest I can't see how that pre-empts the appearance of fragmented development when this feature allegedly has been worked on since the launch of the new community - one would think that the front end would be ready close to three years later.

80 votes in 3 months is both high and short - a statement supported by the fact that not many if any out top of 100 would reach that and that is under a GS driven campaign to boost votes - and there is, respectfully insisted, need to worry about that. Yes - the number of needed votes can be adjusted along the way but I really can't see the reasoning behind the time component. Whats the reasoning if a wish is closed at 75 votes? Could there just be a new topic created with the hope of more votes that time or is that topic locked out forever? Why not have votes up without time limit and just ignore anyone not getting traction and purge as needed? It's not like votes grow old and even if they do there is still the option to close after upvote.

I also noticed that it currently seems as voting is to be closed after upvoted status? If votes will be nothing but an initial requirement for consideration it seems strange that old wishes that already has been acknowledged by GS and igen an IDEA# shouldn't be entered into the system. Could we get a an answer regarding this? 

Regarding the UI - there is no need to make it look like a demand for perfection when it is about lacking fundamentals that has been brought up by me and others regarding the platform in general (mostly to no avail). I won't spend more time going into it again but it simply seems hard for GS (or Khoros) to deliver something with focus on function rather than form. I did notice a that there was a improvement since my last post, Before there was three items fitted on the screen, now there is eight but compare that to the 25+ of a the wish report which is more than the current per page count (not controlled through preferences). And that is after scrolling down to avoid the standard header and oversized status banner.  

thesleepofreason_3-1720097963817.png

thesleepofreason_5-1720100891620.png

thesleepofreason_0-1720127884588.png

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!