BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Parameter Collector error

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been getting the following error when setting a parameter (of any sort) by selecting objects in Archicad:

"1. The former layer of the slab has been deleted. Please open the Slab Default Settings dialog in ARCHICAD and choose another layer."

When I first complete the selection, the parameter node turns gray, but several breaths later the node returns this error. The object default settings seem fine, and no layers have been deleted. The Grasshopper-Archicad Connection seems to be working without interruption.

Am I missing some fundamental step?
6 REPLIES 6
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I think it might be that you selected an object that doesn't work in Grasshopper. Only objects that have a special parameter work in GH - you can see that at the end of the User guide (page 86). It is possible that for some reason you just get the wrong error message.

If you think this is not the case, then please post a short video or some pictures about the issue, so that I can see what could be going on (maybe even a small gh file to test it on).

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've posted pictures of the object collector recognizing the selected object, then the resulting error on the output side of the node.
These are from the original file, but I replicated the same selection and error with a new, simple model, as well as using a collector or selecting the Archicad object directly from the node. I tried this on zones, doors and slabs, with the same result.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.
I still couldn't reproduce this error, but I have noticed 2 things in your screenshots:
  • You are using Rhino 6 with ARCHICAD 22. Could you please also try the same with Rhino 5 (if you have a license) to see if it shows the same error?
  • I see you have plenty of tabs in GH. This might mean that you have lot of Add-ons installed. Could you try removing any and all other GH add-ons to see if one might conflict with the AC-GH connection tool? (that is common)
Please let me know if these suggestions helped! If not, then we might need to take a closer look at this.

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries on the response time--this is something of a side project, not client-driven.

I tried this on Rhino 5/Grasshopper as you suggested and got the same result--the node appears to accept the setting of an object but then returns an error and a null output.

Do you have any suggestions on what other Grasshopper add-ons have been known to cause conflicts with the ArchiCad add-on?
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

We have discussed this originally in this topic.. There we had established that LeafCutter and Geometry Gym are definitely things that cause issues, but I recall that out of that conversation I have faced others (but I am not sure which ones).

The best way to go about this is to remove everything and see if it helps. If it does, then we know it was one of the removed add-ons. If not, then we know it is something else - in that case, please send me a Private Message so that we can discuss what to do next.

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

I have been investigating this on other channels, and found the problem (issue #262116).

There has been no dedicated version of the Connection tool released for AC22 build 5009, since no functionality changed and compatibility wasn't compromised. The problem is that in case you skip update 40xx of AC22, you might end-up with an invalid configuration. So, this can happen if you:
  • Install AC22 3006 and GH-AC 3009
  • Update AC22 to build 5009
In this case the AC-side Add-on will be upgraded to build 5009, but the GH-side Add-on stays on build 3009. If you try to install the latest version of the GH-AC Add-on though, it will say you have the latest version installed, and quite (since it can see that you have version 5009 on the AC-side). To solve this, you will need to:
  • Uninstall the GH-AC add-on
  • Install it again with the latest installer (build 4027). This will install the proper version of the GH-side Add-on.
  • After this, run the latest update installer of ARCHICAD again (build 5009). This will upgrade the AC-side Add-on to the appropriate version.
I know it is a bit complicated, I am sorry about that. I have contacted our development to make changes in the way we install updates, so this wouldn't happen with future versions!

Let me know if you get stuck, I hope I will be able to help.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!