BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Transformation of Object using Grasshopper(Move/Rotation)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I have rhino block. Using GDL I created copy of archicad .gsm object similar to rhino block. Now I wish to place this object to various locations in Archicad, There are many instances of this object therefore I wish automate this process somehow so that I don't need to place each object to its location manually. I can read transformation information(move vector and rotation angle) of the block in rhino. So my question: Is there any way to place these objects on desired in Archicad using Grasshopper.

Ps. I am new to archicad. Later, i want to edit this object in archicad(make it detailed) so that all instances of that object will reflect the change.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
runxel
Legend
Short version:
Yes, you can do that.

With what exactly do you struggle?
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is possible to do. Download the ARCHICAD-Grasshopper User Guide and search for the "The Object Settings Component" section.
There you will see that the "Object Settings" Component has an "Angle" Input. Then the Output of this "Object Settings" Component goes into the "Object Settings" Input of the "Object" Component, which places the Object element type.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!