BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Windows/Doors Width input not available in Settings Component

quantx
Newcomer
Hello all,
I am wondering how to set the width and height of windows and doors in Grasshopper before sending them to Archicad. I saw some screenshots here where the Window Settings Component shows a "width" input. However on my version it is not there [see screenshot]. Zooming into the component to reveal any hidden option for showing Variable Parameters shows nothing either. I am using Archicad 22 and the Live Connection version 2.1 (22.0.3009) from 20 July 2018. Tried with both Rhino 6 and Rhino 5 64-bit. I am running it all on Windows 10.
Is this a bug or I am missing the correct workflow?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
They had this for an earlier version, but removed the functionality for newer releases.
I hope they are bringing it back. This is highly requested.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's still there. You need to allow GH to manipulate GDL parameters by adding bool parameter to GLD Parameters. You can find tutorial how to do it at the end of the manual.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If someone else is having this problem, I have managed to workaround it using custom expressions in AC 22 and than extracting those settings in grasshopper as a part of property settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm thats good idea. Doset it work in Botha ways? From GH to AC?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It might, but I think you would have to enable it first in gld object itself in order to control it from grasshopper.
Learn and get certified!