Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

AC Metric Templates

Anonymous
Not applicable
A most popular subject i know but - any help apprecaited as to where i can find / buy good templates in NOT in ft and inches. Based out of Europe and need METRIC not Imperial.

There are options out there but all i have found are in Imperial.

thanks AC all
18 REPLIES 18
schagemann
Enthusiast
Also check out the FAQ section for our template on how to switch between metric and imperial:

https://macinteract.com/mact-archicad-template-faq/
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using 23 FR version. Thats also a small detail - the french language as opposed to an English standard version template. There seems to be a few options if EN is the chosen language setting. However, if in FR - anyone any suggestions ?

Cant really adopt an INT or EN template when using FR & Swiss standards

thx
schagemann
Enthusiast
Ok i see your predicament - but you could use the INT version of ARCHICAD with a local template...
macinteract

Anonymous
Not applicable
schagemann - is this ONLY for MAC ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
daly2 wrote:
The Power Template developed by BIM6x comes with a metric Migration Library :

Take a look here https://bim6x.com/compare-bim6x-kits#field-products-tab-2
YES I HEARD OF THESE - ARE THEY IN METRIC ALSO ? MM/ M ?
Anyone can send me some screen shots if they use this ? at 399 US - Lot to pay if i dont like it or worse- i cant use it.
schagemann
Enthusiast
atfonit wrote:
schagemann - is this ONLY for MAC ?
https://graphisoft.com/dl/AC/24/INT/ARCHICAD-24-INT-3008-1.7.exe
macinteract

schagemann
Enthusiast
atfonit wrote:
Anyone can send me some screen shots if they use this ? at 399 US - Lot to pay if i dont like it or worse- i cant use it.
As a long time Template developer / provider I am clearly biased - but do you have any idea how much effort goes into creating a proper ARCHICAD template?

Even if you do not end up liking it, you will have a blueprint to learn a lot from.

Additionally, keep in mind how much you invested into your ARCHICAD license(s) - anything that makes that investment worthwhile, be it training and / or a template (btw. at a fraction of the license cost) is priceless and will pay for itself in no time...
macinteract

SOLEK
Contributor

Hello, 

I have been working on building a Archicad 26 Metric Template for the office. Despite working in the US where they mostly use Imperial measurements, we do have projects that are mostly in metric measurements.

• Is there a a sample Metric Template available somewhere to use as a reference? 
  • Is there a template file available that include built in schedules that calculate and show both metric and imperial calculations for floor space areas and volumes etc. ?

Thanks in Advance.

SOLEK

There really is no difference between an imperial and metric template.

It is exactly the same file, you just change the working units, calculation units and dimension styles to be the type of unit and precision that you want.

These are all found in the project preferences and you can change them at any time you want, even half way through a job.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11