Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

ArchiCAD - master only ...?

owen
Newcomer
Begone with you damn layer

It is obviously something created by AC although for what purpose .. anyone got any ideas?
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Edit: In responding to the question i made the incorrect assumptionthat owen was talking about the "ArchiCAD Layer" when he said "ArchiCAD - master only". Therfore the resoponse is of no help.... sorry.

It can be used as a temp "dump" area for an object or part that you want to change to a locked layer in the current view. The locked layer is not shown in your pull-down layer set when set this way in the Work environment (See Attached).

Select the item(s) change its layer to Archicad layer (always on), change quickviews (a view which has ON the layer you want). The item(s) will stay selected. Now set item(s) to the layer that you now desire.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It is obviously something created by AC although for what purpose .. anyone got any ideas?
Figured this out over here in case you missed it.

Cheers,
Link.
owen
Newcomer
Thanks Link - i'd seen that page earlier and forgotten about it! The news that Cadimage add-ons are causing this is not good but now i think about it this layer did only appear when I installed Key Notes! And i was just starting to like it too ...
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Add-ons creating layers and particularly fills is one of my pet hates. I think this should be avoided at all costs by developers. As someone who has just recently customized all my fill and wall names it is annoying to see door and windowbuilder (i think they are the culprits) create 5 or 6 different fills, some a copy of Solid Fill!!! Same goes for The ArchiCAD - "master only" layer.

If layer and fills have to be created (and i am not convinced it is needed) then it should at least be able to be defaulted to other fills before automatically creating them.