Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Beam Length Left vs 3D Length discrepancy in schedule

Streamline JG
Participant

Creating a beam schedule, we're used to using "Length Left" for beams, but it's not taking the mitred ends into consideration as they are opposite the beam length (example:)

length.png

 Okay, so to get around this, I have found that "3D Length" shows the accurate beam length (125.14"). However, when put into the schedule, the "3D Length" items are summed together when the "Length Left" items remain the length for one individual item (which is what we want).

See highlight for beam shown above. Quantity is 2, so we are seeing 3D Length as 250.28", but we just want the individual length of 125.14" to show. Any ideas?

schedule.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ricardo Lopez
Expert

Hi @Streamline JG 

Create a new String property (Ex: 3D_L) available for Beams with the expression: STRCALCUNIT ( 3D Length )

Creat a new String property (Ex: 3D_BL) avaliable for Beams with the expression: 3D_L

Add 3D_BL to your Schedule

RicardoLopez_0-1729890661499.png

I don't know why the first one is merged even as a string, but if you create a second one just like that it is not merged. 🤔

Regards

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-28 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI CreatorPro M16 HX C14VJG, 64GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 2000 Ada Generation

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Ricardo Lopez
Expert

Hi @Streamline JG 

Create a new String property (Ex: 3D_L) available for Beams with the expression: STRCALCUNIT ( 3D Length )

Creat a new String property (Ex: 3D_BL) avaliable for Beams with the expression: 3D_L

Add 3D_BL to your Schedule

RicardoLopez_0-1729890661499.png

I don't know why the first one is merged even as a string, but if you create a second one just like that it is not merged. 🤔

Regards

M. Arch. Ricardo López
AC17-28 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI CreatorPro M16 HX C14VJG, 64GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 2000 Ada Generation

Thanks, I'm giving that a try but I am getting "Syntax error in Expression" when trying to create the new String property STRCALCUNIT ( 3D Length ). I think I might be missing a step?

Do not write "3D Length", you have to select it from the list of properties it should appear with a grey background.

M. Arch. Ricardo López

Thank you, that worked, just had to add the parenthesis manually and I think it's working as intended now. Appreciate your help!