Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Degraded performance of schedules in AC27

runxel
Legend

I experience a degraded performance with Interactive Schedules in our beloved app.
Whenever I switch to an open IS it takes up to 10 seconds to reload, and it now does this every time even if there was nothing changed in the file at all.
A quick survey on Discord showed that this is the norm, not the exception.

However this is quite the change from previous version, where the IS were much more reactive.

I think it is safe to say that AC 27 is one of the worst releases in a long time, with far greater instability and big loss of performance. I hope this will be tackled by some updates in the new year!

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
9 REPLIES 9
DGSketcher
Legend

Currently wondering why I paid my latest subscription after enduring multiple AC27 3D window lock outs today. Shame we can't charge back the associated downtime...

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
mthd
Ace

Hi, not just Sonoma creating issues in AC27 by the looks ? MEP problems and new the schedules feature not behaving. I was looking forward to testing schedules in AC27 but I will hold off for now.

That's exactly what happens when you have too many irons in the fire ! 😉

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
jl_lt
Ace

They should really stop, take a break, reflect and redirect their efforts. It's not like the new tools of recent years hace opened new design possibilities (pun intended).

Save for someone else's better judgement and/or experience, i think that what could be designed in archicad say five years ago,can still be designed today, more or less in the same way.  In the same light, what couldnt be designed five years ago (or at least not without great effort and resources not proportional to the needs), cannot still be designed today.  So what have has happenned? 

And most importantly, what will they do?

The pretty formating became too much for AC to handle? Guess we can stop dreaming about all those modern spreadsheet functions...

What has happened? - Greed & Indifference; it is all around you, it's not just Graphisoft. Apparently care & service are not commercially effective when you want more than you need. 

What will they do? - Continue to suck every last penny out of their customers whilst giving back as little as possible. "You want to read the help manual to use our software? Sure, log in and subscribe here..."

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

With enough encouragement It might devolve into a pay-per-click scheme. Forced minimalism?

Personally, seeing them chase Revit (and failling miserably so far), has been a big dissapointment.

GS, many of us dont use revit because we SRONGLY dislike it. Imagine how it feels seeing that the alternative now wants to try to be like it.

@jl_lt wrote:

With enough encouragement It might devolve into a pay-per-click scheme. Forced minimalism?

🤣 and with their current mindset it could be coming soon... 😳