Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Deleting hotspots

Tom Krowka
Booster
Am creating a new template. Deleted a small project from a v15 pln and am using that for the template so I can have all my layers, view sets, layer combos, everything in place.

I have discovered several hotspots on the empty workspace. They can be selected, they are on the Archicad layer, and they appear to be locked. However, all layers are unlocked and on. They are not grouped. They will not be deleted for some reason. I can copy and paste them, and then delete the copies, but can't do anything else to them like drag or delete.

Is there some trick to this...or what.

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
Did they get there as part of an xref? Check your xref manager?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Tom Krowka
Booster
No xrefs and no modules.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Eduardo Rolon
Check the Lock Option under the Edit menu
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Tom Krowka
Booster
Eduardo:

Unlock all from the pull down menu worked. I wonder why the "unlock layer" which I selected from the Quick layer menu would not unlock the hotspots. In any case, thanks.

Tom .
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Eduardo Rolon
"Unlock Layer" and "Unlock Command" are different you can have an object on an unlocked layer that is locked.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator