Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Different line weights for different layer combinations?

toman311
Enthusiast
Is there anyway I can set up a layer combination which changes the line weights for 2D drawings? Otherwise, I am just going to have to copy the whole floor plan, then change it to a 93 pennyweight and place it directly under the main floor plan. It would be nice if I could just use one floor plan and labels for all my drawings.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is what the view map is for. It's the second of four icons at the top of the navigator. Just create the views as you want it to look, then save the view on on view map. If you want your current view to be set up like you had in one previously, just open the saved view on the view map of the view you want and viola.

And just to further explain it, you just create two pen sets and swap the pen sets with the saved views.
toman311
Enthusiast
Okay, so does this work when setting up a template to where I can draw in the Project Map and have a view already set in the View Map to make those pen weight changes automatically?
That way I don't have to create a new view in the View Map every time.

I'm going to try this.

Thanks.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB