Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Expressions with 2 logical conditions?

Jeff Galbraith
Advocate

image.jpeg

Is it possible to create an expression that derives a value based on the combination of 2 separate properties?  I've been able to use the IF and IFS functions with varying success, but they both only appear to allow the use of one logical condition per result.  

ie:  The IF and IFS functions allow you to say: 'IF property A = "X", then use value "y".

What I'm looking for is something that says: 'IF property A = "X", AND property B = "Z", then use value "y".

I'm trying to recreate the function of a table with 2 axis, similar to the image above.  The resulting value is based on the combination of 2 other properties.  Is this possible with Expressions?

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14.5 Sonoma

Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)
10 REPLIES 10

I totally agree with you @furtonb .

A good practice would be to keep an internal log of notes with texts and images where we explain to our future self (or others) what we did.

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI CreatorPro M16 HX C14VJG, 64GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 2000 Ada Generation

Setup info provided by author