BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Library Migration

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. I just installed my ArchiCAD 13 and have a question about Libraries.

I want to import the AC13 Library, and I want to do it right. My drawings currently have the following libraries:

AC11 Migration Library
AC Library 11
AC Library 12

I have drawings that were drawn both in AC 11 & AC12 & I have a number of custom objects in my AC Library 12.

Do I want to Remove AC library 11 & 12 and leave AC 11 migration, and then add AC12 Migration Library and AC Library 13?

If you have a preference, please let me know. No use having Multiple Object etc.

I am trying to get this done today in order to make use of the downtime during the New Year holiday.

Thanks in advance.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,
Newly migrated to 13 from 12.

I get a strange message every time I load libraries.

"Warning! Satellite library is in one of the active libraries."

In our office, we keep the office standards lib. on the server. Its old, has years of accumulated but commonly used parts. Each project has its own custom parts library folder, within its project folder, also on the server.

Each workstation has its own up-to-date(hopefully!) Archicad 13 Library.

Here are the questions:

1. In 13, it seems like the Projects library objects should be Embedded. But do they still reside somewhere as GSMs that can be imported into another project? Should I no longer be saving custom parts into a folder?

2. I've tried to link the Project's library folder as a linked library, but the custom objects within it are not found, even though it is a linked library. I then embed the individual objects (in schematic, so its only one or two; not a problem...yet!) I figure this is not how its supposed to work, but not sure where my mistake is.

3. Embedded objects do not remain embedded after opening AC. After saving and closing. It looses the path to the object and is listed as missing when i open the project in the morning.

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I can not give any help with the warning message, but I will let you know that I have moved all of my custom objects into a custom object folder in the AC13 library and it works very well. I have yet to find one that will not open. I do not know if this is the proper way to do it, but it is working for me. Good luck.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jeff,

I wouldn't do that! When AC updates the library, the updater may delete your custom folder.

Just my (Very stongly worded) 2 cents.

-Nathan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Really? I will move a copy of it now. I am a self taught ( with the help of this forum ) AC user, so would you tell me what is the proper way of doing this? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.
Learn and get certified!