The ArchiCAD 10 file converter allows users to migrate their files versions 6.5, 7 and 8 to ARCHICAD 10. This file can then be opened in the current version of the software. If you have already installed the ARCHICAD 10 file converter please navigate to the steps further down the page. If not, please click on one of links below to install the file converter: Installing the ARCHICAD 10 File Converter on macOS Installing the ARCHICAD 10 File Converter on Windows
1. Make a duplicate copy of the version 6.5, 7 or 8 file you wish to convert. This allows you to revert to the original if something happens during the process.
2. Open the ARCHICAD 10 File Converter by double-clicking on the app icon.
Note: If you are opening the file converter for the first time you will need to right click and open on a Mac and to right click and run as administrator on a PC.
3. A prompt will appear, click Launch.
4. In the Start ARCHICAD dialogue choose Open a Project and click Browse.
5. Select the ARCHICAD 6.5, 7 or 8 file and click Open.
6. In the left column of Library Manager, locate the missing libraries on your computer, select them, click the Add button and click Done.
Note: Older libraries including those for versions 6.5, 7 and 8 can be found here for the USA users and here for international users.
7. When opening version 6.5 or 7 files the following alert may appear. Click Convert. The Library Manager will then reappear and you'll need to click Reload.
8. Go to File > Save As... and choose ARCHICAD Archive Project (.PLA) for the format. Name the file in a way that denotes it is an ARCHICAD 10 file.
9. Open this newly saved ARCHICAD 10 file in your latest version of ARCHICAD. Migrate library objects as necessary.