BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Opening multiple ArchiCad files on a Mac 10.4.8 G5?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did a thread search and found one topic about this...but had to do with AC 10. I'm on AC 9 at work, and I am wondering if anybody has found a way or solution to having the capability of opening more than 1 AC 9 session in one time? Any pointers or suggestions or even a place to start looking would be very much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
Make duplicates of the Archicad 9 application file. Keep all the copies in the Archicad 9 folder next to the original.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Make duplicates of the Archicad 9 application file. Keep all the copies in the Archicad 9 folder next to the original.
Hey Tom, Thanks! it actually works. Curious though...have you done this many times (running 2 instances of archicad 9 in the same time)? If so, have you ever experienced any crashes (OS wise and/or application wise)?
TomWaltz
Participant
I ran Archicad 9 that way for about a year and a half, along with all 25 Archicad users that I managed.

I did not see it crash any more often than it did running a single session.
Tom Waltz
Rick Thompson
Expert
I typically had 3 secessions going since AC7 or so.. no problems. !0 is nice in that regard. You are given the option in the open dialogue via the file menu to open in a new secession.

Hey Tom above.. look at our numbers.. I am almost the same as you... just 4 off:)
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Learn and get certified!