Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Pasting elements pinned to some other Renovation Filter

Using Renovation Filters on AC25 for managing design options, I noticed

- copying elements pinned to (show only on) Option 1

- switching the Renovation Filter in the viewpoint settings to Option 2

- and pasting them

will paste them pinned to Option 2 (the hours I must have wasted in unnecessary intermediate steps). 

I am not trying 27, but I hope that is the way things work with Design Options. 

2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein

I would encourage you to sign up for the AC 27 Preview - just a click away - and download and try design options there, as your question in terms of using renovation filters will be unnecessary.

However, someone NOT upgrading to 27 might find your question of interest... so perhaps you could clarify what you had hoped would happen when you pasted the elements?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

It is not a question but a heads-up pre-27 (so that others don't waste the time I wasted in unnecessary workarounds), and a blind wish for 27.

You copy an element pinned to Option 1, change the Renovation Filter for the viewpoint to Option 2, and the element is pasted pinned to Option 2. That is beautiful.

[Thanks but no, I already waste enough time with problems in release versions, I am not touching a Preview with a gun to my head. After reading comments just skipped 26.]