Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Problems with IFS based Expressions

Jeff Galbraith
Advocate

expressions.jpg

undefined output.jpg

  I'm getting unpredictable results using the IF and IFS functions.  No matter how I write the expressions there are always some objects that return an 'undefined' output.  What you'll notice in the schedule above is that 5 objects have the 'N/A' value in the first column, but only one of them returns the correct result of 0.00.  The others all say <Undefined>.  If I change the value int eh first column to either of the other 2 options (UNIT of LENGTH) then I get the right result...no more 'undefined'.  Any Idea what's going on here?  

I've also tried writing these expressions many different ways.  I've tried writing them all into one IF expression, but that would only give me one correct result, the other 2 inputs would result in 'undefined', and it changed depending on what order I put them in.

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14.5 Sonoma

Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Try to consolidate those three separate lines of IFS expressions into a single IFS expression. You just use commas to separate the different cases.

See if that works.

The purpose is to have a single expression that covers all possible values so a value is always assigned to the Property.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Ricardo Lopez
Expert

Similar issue solved in this topic:
https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/Expressions-with-2-logical-conditions/td-p/6044...

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

Setup info provided by author