• All recent releases of ARCHICAD can open PLN files back to version 8.1.
• ARCHICAD 6.5, 7.0 and 8.0 files may be opened in the ARCHICAD 10 file converter. Once a copy is saved to version 10 it may be opened in the latest version of ARCHICAD.
• Make a copy of a project file before opening it in a new version.
• Keep the original file in its original version as an archive.
• Library Migration is the biggest part of the migration process in most project files.
• Open the copy of the project file in the latest release of ARCHICAD
• A message will appear prompting you to Migrate the Libraries.
• Choose “Migrate ARCHICAD Libraries.”
• If opening a project that was started in ARCHICAD 13 or above, applicable objects will be migrated forward and replaced with newer versions where possible.
• ARCHICAD 10, 11, 12 projects will need “ARCHICAD Migration Libraries OLD” to be added to the project. Located in the latest “ARCHICAD xx” folder (where ’xx’ is the latest version of ARCHICAD.)
There are many other items which may require attention. But usually it is just the library migration which is the largest concern. Some other notable areas:
• Stairs (for projects started in AC20 and below.)
• CineRender (for projects started in AC17 and below.)
• Building Materials and Priority Based Connections (for projects started in AC16 and below.)
• Renovation (for projects started in AC14 and below.)