cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Transparency in elevations

Arcadia
Booster
I know how to turn transparency on and off in elevations but can I turn transparency on for a framed glass balustrade and off for the windows? I don't want to be able to see inside the house but I want to be able to see the windows etc beyond the balustrade. I can't use the layer specific wireframe display option because then the balustrade framing doesn't show correctly. Cheers.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
3 REPLIES 3
Ingolf
Advocate
Hello Arcadia!

One way to solve your problem as I have understood it, is to avoid the Transparancy in Shading option and focus on the materials in your windows. As you can see under, I have made a ballustrade (or a glass raling) on the veranda/terrace on Grethes House. The ballustrade is made by the Wall tool with Glass as material.

Then I go to the Window tool and click Ctrl+A (for Mac probably Apple + A...) to select all windows. Then press Ctrl+T (Mac: Click on the Window icon... I think) to see the dialouge box. Change the material of the window from glass to something not transparent.

(Sorry for some of the language to be in Norwegian...):oops:

Then you will see through the ballustrade, but not the windows.

Good luck, Arcadia!

(Free stuff from my books on Real World ArchiCAD Solutions)
2009-09-03 Transparency and materials.jpg
Ingolf Sundfør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.
PC/i7/W11/ArchiCAD 6.5-27
Arcadia
Booster
Thats a good idea - I will just have to remember to change the window glazing back to glass before I run the VBE export. Thanks.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think another solution mentioned earlier on the Talk was to place those elements you want to see transparent in Elevation on a Layer set to Wire-frame mode.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27