BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D perspective view problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
On my picture is shown what kind of a look do I get when I open 3D perspective view. When I move there, everything begins to cut, like in cutting plans. I don't know where is the catch to turn back to normal view in 3D, or is something else...

Please help!

chipo

3D_PERSPECTIVE_PROBLEM_.jpg
8 REPLIES 8
Dwight
Newcomer
This happens to me, also, on occasion. And not only in Archicad 10, but also in 9.

In Budapest they call it the "Magic Invisibility Plane From Space That Cuts Off the Foreground in the 3D Window."

Sometimes closing the 3D window completely and rebuilding fixes it and sometimes I restart Archicad.

Boogle.

For a fly-through of this phenomenon, send a PM to me and I'll dropload the file to you - too big to post here.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes closing the 3D window completely and rebuilding fixes it and sometimes I restart Archicad.
neither first, neither second solution doesn't help.
Is there any option left?

chipo
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also discussed here, seemed to be related to graphics card.
Dwight
Newcomer
merge the data into a new file?
do a "Save as?"

You must exorcise the boogle somehow.
Dwight Atkinson
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
chipo wrote:
Is there any option left?
chipo
One more I've found in the 3d Window Settings options. But for me it doesn't help.
BTW - is it infectious? 🙂 I could reproduce it only when I open Dwight's files.
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Dwight
Newcomer
I'm a carrier?
Its a plot!
Wait! Plotmaker is gone.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rafal wrote:
One more I've found in the 3d Window Settings options. But for me it doesn't help.
Rafal

I think the setting you have found displays items within the radius set, rather than excludes, which is the problem chipo is experiencing. That is, it will exclude items in the distance. It also pertains to display during navigation, so when you stop moving, items outside this radius should re-appear.... I think.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I solved the problem.

The trouble makers were lamps, 7 pairs of lightcone down and up, one over another (positioned in interior). The setting of light stops in parameters dialog was set on 1200/1500 feet and that causes this 3d cut view, because it was to large. I reduce it on about 33 feet and everything was normal in 3D view again.

P.S. attachment: wrong settings of lightcones
bye, chipo
Learn and get certified!