Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 25 SNAP GUIDES

Frillex
Advocate

Hello Everybody. 

We have finally upgraded to AC 25 (from 22)!

Generally I think the version is a little slower then working with 22 but that's not the topic today. 

Ever sense GS introduced the new guideline system with snap points and snap lines I've been addicted to the Q-shortcut. In every version sense it came it have always reacted and created a blue line or point for me in an instance.

In AC 25 somethings wrong.

It doesn't reacting as I'm used to. Sometimes (if I'm lucky) the Q-shortcut works as fast as it did before. But most of the time it doesn't. 

I've check the work environment, the shortcut is not changed in any way compared to AC22. 

Have anyone else this problem?

I hope I was able to explain. Let me know if you need any clarification 

Regards

Felix

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
13 REPLIES 13
Frillex
Advocate

Hello again, 

I've been trying to figure out what's happened to the snap points for a while now. 

I don't have access to any windows machines so this is all on mac.

What i can say about the problem is the follow: 

If you start an empty template, snap points works fine. It only occurs when working with "larger" projects.

I've tried AC 25 int, AC 25 Swe, the problem still persists.

I've tried a macbook m1, macbook pro 2016 and an iMac 2020 no difference, snap points still takes ages to create. 

Regards

Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

Nina and I can't be the only people with this problem?

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

The blue guide lines and guide circles and spot (small blue circle around a node) (all activated quickly with 'Q' shortcut) are different to the snap points that mark locations along an edge/line.

BarryKelly_0-1649254624899.png

The blue guide lines and guide circles and spot are all controlled together so if you are getting the lines but not the spots, I don't know what would cause that.

Does adjusting the cursor range in the Work Environment affect the guide spots around the nodes?

It might make it easier to find the nodes if the range is larger.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks for the input Barry, 

Adjusting the cursor range does not change anything, unfortunately.

But I took some time to figure out when this happens:

When ever i make the first snap point (by clicking Q) AC creates the point in an instant, but for every point I am creating it takes longer to generate. After about four or five created snap points AC refuses to create snap points or it will take more time then it takes for me to manually place two guide lines in the spot I'm interested in.

But for some reason it seems to reset if I wait a few minutes with creating points or when i change story or section in the navigator.

We didn't use AC 23 and 24, but I do know that I never had this problem in AC 22.

Thank you

Felix  

AC 26, OS MONTEREY