BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Cannot Save Plan File

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has happened to be twice now on AC13 projects where I am working on a PLN project and when I try to save I get a "CANNOT SAVE PLAN FILE" Error. Save goes for the Autosave. I have plenty of space available and I can not save to another device. My Autosave file shows as zero k as well, so force quitting will lose my work. I will have to try and second copy of the file and copy paste out my work.

Again, this has happened twice on two different machines since AC13 came out and my gut feeling is there is a problem somewhere
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Is it possible that you are trying to save to a location that you either have no access to or it is a read-only folder or something similar.
I mean, can this be some kind of a permission issue?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
Has somebody else on the network opened the same file with "Exclusive access"?
Can you do a "Save as" to another location?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have 2 costumers with the same problem. Both have files that are started in early AC versions. (AC6.5)
The only way they have been able to save is as Archicad 12 Project.
But that really don't solve the problem...
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have had the same error "cannot save plan file"... i am the only one using the file..tried saving to desktop instead of server, tried downsaving to AC12...there was an autosave so i force crashed my computer, unfortunately when it restarted the autosave was gone... i was deleteing dimensions and inserting doors at the tme of the crash, don't know if that helps narrow it down but i hope this isn't going to be an ongoing problem
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have two computers and we have found that there are a few files that continue to say 'Can not save plan file' unfortunately it will not allow us to save them to our own desktop (we work off of a server) so essentially we have to open an old version and copy in the changes that we have made and finally close the file without saving. It could be that it's happening after the file is open but unused for a few days, we do work on multiple files at a time and often leave them open over night, but this has happened on both computers over the last few months.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a typical AC13 problem with files that started in earlier versions. We do not have encountered same problem anymore since we use AC14.

Daniel wrote:
This has happened to be twice now on AC13 projects where I am working on a PLN project and when I try to save I get a "CANNOT SAVE PLAN FILE" Error. Save goes for the Autosave. I have plenty of space available and I can not save to another device. My Autosave file shows as zero k as well, so force quitting will lose my work. I will have to try and second copy of the file and copy paste out my work.

Again, this has happened twice on two different machines since AC13 came out and my gut feeling is there is a problem somewhere
Learn and get certified!