Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Cannot sign into Archicad or Graphisoft account

Mike96
Advocate

Recently, I launched Archicad POL 25 with my educational licence and I couldn't open any file, because I got a message "You are in offline mode - authorisation required" - this is my translation from Polish. "SIGN IN" button is greyed out, so I can't sign in. I also cannot sign into my GS account from internet browser, because browser sends a connection error. Now I am writing from a different computer, because I have these problems only on my PC at home. It looks like it prevents me from logging into my Graphisoft account.

I tried using different internet browsers, turning off Avast antivirus, Windows firewall, turning down UAC to minimum, reinstalling AC and restarting PC countless of times, but it did not help. Of course, I have permanent internet connection and everything else works.

I was also advised to make a new Windows user account with administrator rights, and launch AC from it, but that also didn't solve the issue completely. I was able to sing into AC and open a model, but still couldn't sign into GS account from internet browser. And I need to use my old Windows user account. I need to be able to launch AC models from my old user account.

Please, help. I have no more ideas.

273703277_2209226505909897_8286477633280923769_n.jpg
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for sharing!

I noticed that there were some entries in the hosts file blocking connections from your machine to our server. Please download the modified version of the hosts file here and replace it in the same location at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

After that, you will be able to access our services again.

Please let me know how it goes!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the question!

Based on what you have described, I believe there is something blocking your machine from connecting to our services. As a start, could you please share with me the hosts file, which can be found at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc ?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Thank you for your answer.

You'l find the HOSTS file here:

https://we.tl/t-1eccVOOfTK

or here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i0FsGZlOFdPmmIbzP_yLMSSGBdiUId7Z/view?usp=sharing

ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
Solution

Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for sharing!

I noticed that there were some entries in the hosts file blocking connections from your machine to our server. Please download the modified version of the hosts file here and replace it in the same location at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

After that, you will be able to access our services again.

Please let me know how it goes!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Yes, it is working now!

Thank you a thousand of times.

I was struggling with this problem for 3 months.

ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10

Good day Minh, I have the same problem. Please help me resolve the issue.

micwestoll, that's what I did: I found the "hosts" file, opened it in Notepad and removed all the entries that are selected in the attached screenshot. Try doing the same.

-2022-jun-30-002.jpg

-2022-jun-30-002.jpg
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10

Hi Minh,

I have the same problem. I tried to do what you said in other responses but nothing. I really have to install and sign in the program as soon as posssible. Could you help me?

its for Mac 

Have you contacted your local support?

This is what they are for.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11