Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Changing the default materials.!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.!

I have tried to search the site for a thread on the topic, but I can't find one.!

I wan't to change the default materials to white instead of wood. So if I put in a new window, it is white in default.!

Thanks.!
5 REPLIES 5
Rod Jurich
Contributor
mallehk wrote:
/.....
I wan't to change the default materials to white instead of wood. So if I put in a new window, it is white in default.!/.....
mallehk, you can do this, but you need to open the library part.

In the parameter list change to your preferred materials, save the part
either to the default library or, save as, to the project library.

Or, easier still, set your preferred materials and save as a favourite.

Helps to put a signature with your OS and AC version
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I thought that there was a place I could set "white" as a standard, for all the windows and doors etc.!

When you assign a material for a door, you haft to press white so many times (panel, frame, leaf etc.), if it is not a wood door you wan't.!

greetings

Martin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

If you do not want to open or modify the objects then you could copy the wood material (in the project's attributes) and rename the original as 'White' plus change its color etc. as preferred.

The objects refer to the material etc. attributes by index number and thus all the library parts that refer to the original 'Wood' will change to 'White'. If you do not want this, you have to do as Rod suggested; modify the objects or use the favourites.

Hope this helps.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sounds like saving favorites may also be a great help to you. Just set all parameters once, save it as a favorite and you're good to go.

Cheers,
Link.
Karl Ottenstein
And...just in case the reason you want white is because you want to see a completely white foam-board representation of your model:

As stated by Juha, materials are linked via their index numbers, not their names. In Attribute Manager, you can create a new set of materials that have a white foam look (or whatever) assigned to all index numbers, just by duplicating one acceptable material. Save that set. Then, you can use Attribute Manager to swap between that set of materials, and the default (or other custom) set - letting you show your model as white foam to the client during preliminary phases and switch to real materials at any time. [This method works best if your materials are assigned by function - such as "Exterior Wall" rather than as finish, as in "Brick".]

If that's not what you were thinking of ... sorry for too much information!

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB