Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Default work environment?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have my work environment preferences saved and set as the default in Archicad 15, 16, and 18 (I'm on a Mac, fully up-to-date software). When I open the Work Environment Profiles dialog, my preferred stored profile has the black circle with the check mark, indicating it is the default.

However, if I open Archicad 15 or 18 (note: this does not happen in 16), the program opens with a random layout-- not the Archicad default or my stored default, but somewhere inbetween.
If I minimize the program, or walk away from the computer for more than a few minutes, it reverts to the layout it opened in.
Every time this happens, I have to open my Work Environment profile dialog, select the preferred profile (with the default indicator next to it), and apply the schemes of the profile.

How can I fix this problem? I want to stop having to select my profile all the time! If setting the default isn't working, what will?

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
abelowde wrote:
Hi all,

How can I fix this problem? I want to stop having to select my profile all the time! If setting the default isn't working, what will?

Thanks
If you have several instances of ArchiCAD open, when the last instance is closed, the work environment will be remembered from this one, not all the other instances you had open previously.

So with one instance open only, setup your work environment how you want with the default. Make sure there are no other instances open, then close the last remaining one. Then next time you open archicad it should remember the last used work environment.