BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mac Newbie can't install AC10 on Mac Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just unboxed a new Mac Pro (2.66GB dual-core w/ 4GB ram) and am trying to get it all set up, and I have a couple questions:

I've installed old versions of AC7, 8, and 9 for archival work, but when I try to install AC10, after double-clicking the installer off the CD (per the Read Me file), nothing happens...it just sits and spins. I'm sure the answer is too intuitive for a long time Windows guy to figure out...

I moved all my current and archived projects (along with project specific libraries) and office libraries over to the mac's "Documents" folder, but when I try to open up an old project in AC9, the Library Manager won't let me direct it to the "Documents" folder. Question is, how do I need to set up my libraries, PLN files, etc. to be accessed from the Library Manager?

Other than that, this thing is a dream...

Any help is appreciated.

Dale
2 REPLIES 2
have you verified that you are installing the Intel-Mac version.

Have a look at tr.graphisoftus.com for an installer
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Dale wrote:
I moved all my current and archived projects (along with project specific libraries) and office libraries over to the mac's "Documents" folder, but when I try to open up an old project in AC9, the Library Manager won't let me direct it to the "Documents" folder. Question is, how do I need to set up my libraries, PLN files, etc. to be accessed from the Library Manager?
Dale,

The Documents folder is your documents, as opposed to other users. The place to look is in your home folder in the 'Users' folder. On my laptop, I find the Documents at 'Macintosh HD/Users/rwessel/Documents' (see image).
Library.jpg
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!