Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problem installing Archicad 18 educational version Mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
Installer says "not enough disc space to install archicad 18" but there should be plenty! Installer doesn't allow to change the install location. Computer gets stuck if i try. But i read somewhere that you can't change the application install location at all with macbook pro..Can someone help?
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you choose the Custom Install option during installation you can specify a new location for the installation.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
It doesn't give me a custom install option, and i've tried every way possible like i said earlier, in the same window the installer says not enough disk space, there is a browse button which gives the opportunity to choose installation location, but it jams the computer if click it. So i think i should somehow change the location before installing, but i don't know how, or is it even possible in macbook. My friend has the exactly same laptop, with even less disc space than mine, and there was no problem when i installed the archicad there. And it works fine. I really don't know what's the problem.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could this be some kind of a permission issue, where a folder on the path to the installation folder does not give you enough permissions?
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the Mac, so hopefully someone else also has an idea.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Might be, but i haven't got a clue what to do about it thank you anyway!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should also check if your computer meets all of the system requirements for ARCHICAD:

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/system_requirements/AC18/

Plus, there is an installation troubleshooting guide, hopefully you will find the cause in this article:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/setup/archicad-18-install-and-startup-troubleshooti...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem. I was running OSX Yosemite 10.10. But when I upgraded to 10.10.5 I got to change the installation folder, but I had no space again. So I installed it on a portable flash drive and relocated the folder to Mac and it works.
What Mac and OS are you using?