BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Text Font Alignment and Formatting

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I use a font other than Arial the formatting is thrown out of whack.

With Myriad Pro for example the spacing under the letter changes dramatically. It shifts all the letters up. This also happen with other fonts depending on what is used. I understand Graphisoft may not have the time to ensure every font choice works as it should but this is a system font and in my opinion much easier on the eyes than Arial.

Is there a way to fix this application wide? I know that with section/elevation markers the text can be shifted separate to the marker geometry, but that's another frustrating step and it doesn't address the root of the problem.

Is this something Graphisoft can fix or would another (drastic) solution be to use a font editing software to change the actual font?

Image attached to explain the way this looks side by side
10 REPLIES 10
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Eduardo,

there are 2 different text types mentioned:
Dimensions use one-line Plain Text format. Its position is defined by the baseline start point.
Rich Text (used e.g. in text boxes) is basically a multi-line format and contains font parameters like ascent, font size, etc.

We registered your request about the combination of text displays in our database.
Katalin Takacs
Learn and get certified!