BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Trace Reference is so slow

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there at the Forum are still having problems after the update fixes AC19-4011 that the decline in performance on the Trace Reference is activated when the great work will be very slow?
This is to make the selection on the Pet Palette Edge just so hard to zoom just barely and AC froze.
While I stop the work by activating the Trace Reference such as this will lead to the AC quit at any time, turn off some layers remain the same even very slow.
In the list of repairs
194 286 SPEED: Navigation on Floor Plan was very slow when both the Trace & Reference and the Renovation palette were turned on.
Why no change?
What effect does this apply to the use of OS ?, Windows 10 is so very slow.
Doing enlargement Curve Edge Palette will also be inaccurate.
Can I have the same opinion given through this?
Urgently need to speed this improvement in AC19
Please GS
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable
...to add to my previous query - I have a manual setting box within the graphics card settings. Would adjusting any of these settings help solve the problem? (really really slow trace reference with the renovation filter on)
Barry Kelly
This is just a hunch, but are your reno filter and trace & ref palettes free floating?
If so try docking them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
No I have them docked. I did adjust a setting in the graphics card enabling the overlay in the "select the program to customise" options. That seems to have helped.
dominicus
Contributor
To add to your thread.
What I learned about the trace reference is that you have to have as few elements showing on the trace settings page. One that slows everything extremely is the use of showing dimensions as it has to calculate everything two times.
Experiment with what to show and you'll be surpriced to see how much impact it has on your workflow.

My two cents,

Dominicus
db-architects ltd
Dominicus Björkstam
Finland

AC 24 latest build, localized FIN version
Hardware MacbookPro 15" i9 + 32GB Ram + Windows Desktop (win10)
Sebasti_n Cerda P_
Participant
Im using AC 24.0.0 v1 SPA (3008) It gets so slow it's impossible to work with trace reference active.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Sebastián wrote:
Im using AC 24.0.0 v1 SPA (3008) It gets so slow it's impossible to work with trace reference active.
Dear Sebastián,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry for the issue!

If you are using a saved view as tracing reference, this could significantly slow Archicad down (depending how complex the file is), as it will try to display 2 different settings at once (one from the saved view and one from the current opened window). I'm wondering if this is the case?

If not, could you make a small video showing the issue? Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

riyadist
Booster
Same problem, couldn't fine any solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
riyadist wrote:
Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing the issue and I am very sorry for the experience!

First, I would like to make sure that you have the latest update for Archicad installed. Currently, the newest official update for Archicad 24 is 500x. Could you let me know whether the issue persists on 500x?

Furthermore, I would like to ask whether the suggestions above help you with the issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

riyadist
Booster
mnguyen wrote:
riyadist wrote:
Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing the issue and I am very sorry for the experience!

First, I would like to make sure that you have the latest update for Archicad installed. Currently, the newest official update for Archicad 24 is 500x. Could you let me know whether the issue persists on 500x?

Furthermore, I would like to ask whether the suggestions above help you with the issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh
Hello, archciad 5000 update seems work faster. It fixed a bit.
Learn and get certified!