Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

WIBU-Key Server Search

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having difficulties managing the keys being used via the WIBU Key Server Search List. We have a few different computers that have WIBU Keys being served. Computer A has keys that only run ArchiCAD, Computer B has keys authorized to run ArchiCAD and CadImage Keynotes, and Computer C has keys authorized to run ArchiCAD and EcoDesigner. The main problem has to do with running EcoDesigner. We have a limited number of licenses of ED but would like for a larger number of users to have access to it. They wont be in ED most of the time, so I created 2 ArchiCAD installs on the users computers. One of Plain ArchiCAD, one with ED, when ED is needed launch the appropriate one.

I was thinking that I could, in the WIBU Key Server Search List, place Computer A (ArchiCAD only) at the top of the list, and Computer C (ArchiCAD with ED) at the bottom and if the user needed ED, the WIBU key would scan through the different Computers till it hit C with the ED license on it. That is what the help document for the WIBU software said to do. However I am finding this not to be the case. What is happening is that Computer C is the first one to be used, wether or not ED is used. Has anyone else had a situation like this? Are there any workaround to make this possible?
0 REPLIES 0