Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Energy Modeling with EcoDesigner STAR in ArchiCAD 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
Are there anyone who worked at EcoDesigner STAR for ArchiCAD?
I am interested in the question of its accuracy in calculating heat losses and thermal loads on the room.
Considered a conditional room in STAR , Valtec and Heat Balance. In the last two, he received the same results of heat loss, while the values of STAR differ by 40%. The physical characteristics of the enclosing structures are the same everywhere, and the heat transfer coefficients too. Please tell me what could be the reason for such differences?
2 REPLIES 2
Lucian
Contributor
As far as I know. EcoDesigner STAR is a dead end project. I migrated form Allplan to ArchiCAD for EcoDesigner Star and found out latter that the man in charge for it left the company. So i presume it's a faulty product and it's not in development anymore?

If I`m wrong any AC team member can say otherwise? I've spend almost 7200Euros for AC licences and had a bump at the end when i got informed.

I`am now using SketchUP with PHDesign (plug-in) and their excel table to calculate everything i need. It's their official addon (it has some bugs but it works... it's a inhouse made PHI addon). I don't know why AC dosen't make a colaboration with PassiveHouse Institute to offer a good product. It's 2020 and passive houses are a must.

I see it as the main drawback of the software (AC). It's BIM with a big limitation as it doesn't know how to offer reliable info to construct a PH.
Architect
Certified PassiveHouse Designer
DGSketcher
Legend
Lucian wrote:
I don't know why AC dosen't make a colaboration with PassiveHouse Institute to offer a good product. It's 2020 and passive houses are a must.
+1 I would have subscribed to EDS if I knew reliable PH export results were available but from what I can gather the package operates in its own bubble. As an architectural design package I hope rebooting the energy assessment is a priority for AC soon, even if it is just PH data export.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)