Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server 14 Library issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK,

We have finally got around to updating to v14, but are having some strange issues getting BIM Server Libraries to load.

On Client Machines:
In AC14, I cannot get BIM Server Libraries to load... they show in the list, but are listed as "offline". "Reload Libraries" does nothing.
In AC13 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.

On Server Machine:
In AC14 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.
In AC13 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.

So, as you can see, my issues is getting BIM Server Libraries to load into AC14 on client machines.

Any help is appreciated.
55 REPLIES 55
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If it does not show in the other AC instance then it sounds like a bug to me. You may want to report that.
I mean, the embedded library is part of the Project File so when the Project File's changes are sent to the BIM Server, this is sent too.
Then when the other guy logs into the project, he should have the library parts in the embedded library as well.

By the way, in the Library Manager you can select library parts within the Embedded Library and you can save them to a folder.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
So here's the kicker...

1. Library report shows object MISSING

2. Plan shows big ole DOT where object used to be

3. AUTOREBUILD Elevation"ette" SHOWS THE PART THERE!

ugh...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Very strange indeed.
Definitely sounds like a tech support issue to me.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
we're having exactly the same problem - new embedded objects do not propagate to the team.
Erika Epstein
Booster
vfrontiers wrote:
So two things wrong with that...
1. Part did NOT show up when signed in from my other computer... (it's only 2 feet away from the server! 😉

2. (and I know this is a slightly different question)... But what happens when I want to use that killer BBQ in my next project?
1. When you create a new part and it is in the embedded library, theoretically, the person who created the object should be able to see the object immediately and the rest of the team after they do a Receive.

2. To move an embedded object to an office or other library, in the library manager select the objects you want to move and click on the EXPORT button the second button from the left below the white box with the library tree.

As with updates to any library, all users if will then have to reload that library folder to see the change.

P.S. In the case of a killer BBQ, results could depend on how good your sauce really is
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
One thing you might want to check is how the file name ends. i.e. if the info on the file says "Kind: ArchiCAD Object File" and the file name does not have the .GDL or .GSM at the end (FireSpr instead of FireSpr.gsm). The file will not show up in your libraries.

And dont forget to refresh your bim server libraries like I do