BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server - Teamworks General Questions:

rob2218
Enthusiast
well, here's some general questions I'm in need of getting some help on:
1. when the "Teamwork" projects tabs go "grey" and I can't send/receive nor can I "leave the project" what does that mean?
2. Open a teamwork project of "Join in"/ what does this mean? I thought you only "Open" PLN files?
3. Closing a Teamwork project? again...what does this mean?
4. When should you "Leave a teamwork" project?
5. When do you "close a teamwork" project?

these basic generalities I'm in need of help with guys.

We are in the beginning stages of a large residential remodel here in DC and well, I want to make sure the initial "Teamwork" setup is done right.

if anyone can point to a document/ an internet site/ a youtube video tutorial of how best to wrap my brain around the "Teamwork" concept, that would surely help.

RR
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. when the "Teamwork" projects tabs go "grey" and I can't send/receive nor can I "leave the project" what does that mean?

Not sure - I'll have to see if I can replicate this

2. Open a teamwork project of "Join in"/ what does this mean? I thought you only "Open" PLN files?

Join is akin to joining 'a team' - you do that first and then open and close for the duration of the project.

3. Closing a Teamwork project? again...what does this mean?

Closing is best if you are working on a project. It means other team members can send you messages that you get when you next open the project. Just make a rule that everyone should 'release all' when they close a project, or it locks everyone out of those elements...

4. When should you "Leave a teamwork" project?

When you are no longer working on that project. It removes you as one of the team members, so people cannot send you offline messages

5. When do you "close a teamwork" project?

Probably at the end of each day?! 😉
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When you Join the TW2 project, you download it from the BIM Server onto your local computer. A local cached copy now exists on your computer. This is what was called Local Draft (PLC) file in TW1.

When you close a project/, you close the local cached copy. When you open it, you open the local cached copy.
The local cached copy contains all your modifications.
These modifications will be included in the shared project file on the BIM Server only after you Send your changes.

When you no longer wish to participate in working on a shared Project File, you Leave the Project. After that you will no be able to send you changes to the shared Project File on the BIM Server.

Even after leaving the Project, the local cached copy will still exist in your computer but will not be associated with the shared Project on the BIM Server anymore. It is now in detached mode.
You can Open it and make modifications in it, but you will not be able to send your changes.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rob2218
Enthusiast
anywhere on the net guys that I can go to to get a video or further explanation of these concepts? I sortav understand them but just need to play a video 3 or 4 times over to understand it.

I'll also need to physically go thru the process to learn what all this means.

thanks all.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Watch or do Part 1 of the Collaboration Training Guide:

http://www.graphisoft.com/education/training_guides/#COL1
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
when a files is detached can it be reattached, if not how do you get back the file on bim server. we cannot seem to get back to the server and load the drawing it just goes to the detached file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
it is grim - my understanding is you save a copy on your local PC then its a rejoin the server, then cut and paste...

not nice at all...
Anonymous
Not applicable
if cut and paste, it is no longer a teamwork project it is junk!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes
That is why I said it is grim.
Anonymous
Not applicable
So what is the correct way for the remote site to get back to the drawing on the server. Do they have to delete the detached file on their machine in order to redirect to the server? The choice to load from the server is greyed out.
Learn and get certified!