Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM server refuses to stay 'started'

Anonymous
Not applicable
The bim server software keeps reverting to 'stopped'. We have no idea why. We have tried restarting the machine that the bim server is installed on with no success. Are there any log files we can interogate that might give us a clue? In the UK the clocks moved on Saturday and we wonder whether this has upset the software (our server stays on all weekend)?

We had wondered about reinstalling but are concerned this may wipe existing teamwork projects, is it possible to run a 'repair' install and maintain teamwork projects, users and libraries?

Cheers.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Potentially resolved. Seems to be running ok for last few minutes.
For what ever reason, the server PC had established two local area connections, the first was dhcp enabled (non-static ip). Have deleted (phantom?) connection leaving the non-dhcp connection and seems to have resolved issue. Weird.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dan, I also have the same issue. But I don't quite know how to fix it the way you described. I have a wired (ethernet) connection as well as a wi-fi. But I just disabled my wi-fi and the server still stops every 30 seconds.

FYI: My BIM server and Archicad have been updated to the latest Build 3602. I've also looked up other threads on this. People mentioned changing the "Messaging port" but I don't want to mess with it unless I know that's really my problem.
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Please take a look at this article that poses some likely solutions: http://www.archicadwiki.com/Teamwork/BimServerStopsRegularly It is very rare that one of these items does not resolve the matter.

As for Dan G's earlier question about whether a Repair on the BIM Server will disrupt the Teamwork Projects, Users, (Roles) and Libraries, the answer is no. It is safe to run a Repair from the installer as long as you then re-apply any Hotfixes you had installed before.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the clarification on bimserver repair.

We never did get to the bottom of why the PC had established multiple ethernet connections, but the second one has not reappeared. As for the wifi vs. ethernet issue unfortunately i can't be of much help because we didn't have to tackle this ourselves, so didn't learn a great deal about it. I hope the guide posted by NCornia solves your problem. Gd Luck.
Anonymous
Not applicable
mymyly wrote:
Dan, I also have the same issue. But I don't quite know how to fix it the way you described. I have a wired (ethernet) connection as well as a wi-fi. But I just disabled my wi-fi and the server still stops every 30 seconds.

FYI: My BIM server and Archicad have been updated to the latest Build 3602. I've also looked up other threads on this. People mentioned changing the "Messaging port" but I don't want to mess with it unless I know that's really my problem.
I was having a similar issue with my Windows 7 BiM. . .on a whim, I updated the Java plugin and it's been running fine for me.
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Hi, we are experiencing the same problem.
None of the solution proposed on the wiki seem to work.

nslookup gives this message: server can't find grafpa.server: NXDOMAIN

We have binded the 2 ethernet ports of the server, and doing a Google search I found that this is a bind related problem...

any suggestions?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
We experienced the same problem.

I read all possible articles in forum and archicadwiki. Checked and done many tests as per requirements, suggestions.

After spending whole day in experiments I decided to re-install BIM server. This is not that much easy as it is written in official instruction. Problem is that you need to solve conflict with java version and configuration. So what I tried is:
1. uninstalled all versions of java from server
2. cleaned registers and all temp files from server
3. restarted server machine
4. installed java 6.32
5. restarted machine
6. and what a surprise? BIM server works w/o necessity to be re-installed
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Zohrab,

our BIM Server uses Java for its messaging server component, but should run well even with Java 7 only (without Java 6). As our current installers/uninstallers require Java 6 having that installed is highly recommended.

There is one other issue we recently discovered: for example if I have Java 7 and 6 installed and I uninstall Java 6, Java 7 will not work completely. The re-installation of Java 7 is required to sort things out. We are currently still investigating this, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Marton
Marton Kiss
Chief Product Officer
GRAPHISOFT
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Achille wrote:
any suggestions?
Achille,

Does your BIM Server regularly stop or is it more like a connectivity problem from the client side?

Thanks,
Marton
Marton Kiss
Chief Product Officer
GRAPHISOFT