Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Bimcloud colaboration Trouble

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everbody, thank you for your time reading me.

I will try to be as clear as possible. We are two people working in remote from our homes. I want to set up Teamwork function settings so we can work on the same file remotely.
I downloaded Bimcloud I did all the process my friend did so as well. My question is: how we can share the file if the cloud is obviously direct related to our laptops. I do no know how to access from my friends computers to the cloud with the file neither my friend to mine. I cannot set up an address that my friend can fill in his settings and he has control to the cloud, the same the other way around he with my credentials. There is a step either i missed or simply I do not understand how this works.

Could anyone help me? I have all installed, just I do not know how my friend from his computer enter to the teamwork I created.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Eric Milberger
Advocate
I am a beginner here also so may not fully answer but will try as I have set up my owner server for myself and and Engineer.

I set up a computer as my BIMCLoud Server

I share the project

Then I give myself and the Engineer rights to that project.

Then we both work.
I reserve the items I am working on and he does the same.
We can only work on those items and he is can only see my items

The screen updates as we work together

Really that simple
There was a BIM for Manager class the other day that helps with this and gives a good visual of options to help the process.
Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Eric!

I did so, but the problem arises since how the other person enter to the Bimcloud server if it is conected to my IP and credentials?

I have already the project in the Cloud , but I do not know how another person from another computer could enter to the cloud and work with the file.

Actually, I ve been working with teamwork many years but all the computers were at the same place connected to the same server ( or at least It is what I think, I m not IT) so it was quite easy to enter to the cloud with the credentials give.

Now my problem is how to set up all from scratch to two laptops remotely.

Many Thanks!
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hello here,

I suggest to read our article in the topic: Getting Started with BIMcloud Basic

According to the EULA, you should have a VPN connection to access the BIMcloud on one of your computers - then, create two credentials to be able to use it.

You can also find tips and trick here: Working From Home with Archicad

If you have no experience with IT and no one can help you, you might consider to get familiar with BIMcloud as a Service.

Good luck on your journey with Archicad Teamwork!

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin