Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Cannot Connect to the BimCloud Server

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey there, well to be short, I have a problem connecting to the BimCloud Server on my Mac, let me explain a little bit.
I have a windows PC where I've created the host server and its working well, a friend of mine could connect to the server and everything works well, but when I try to connect on the Pc I use to work (MacOS) its show me an error that's says "Can't resolve hostname to IP address. the name you've entered its not a valid hostname or the DNS server its located on a different network" I have tried just everything.
The weird thing its that I can create a host server on my MaCOS, but my friend cannot connect to this one.

So if anyone could help me with this thing I will be greatfull, because its so annoying to work in the same project and have to merge the archicad file everytime one of us make a change.

Thanks in advance.

P.D: I'm using Archicad 22.
4 REPLIES 4
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Jose,

I think this article can be useful for you: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/63202/

On macOS it is a typical issue that the OS cannot even resolve its own hostname sometimes. In the above article, the 8th point might solve your issue.

Kind regards,
Noemi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have already tried that 😕 but thanks anyway, ill continue searching for a solution.
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
What happens if you try to connect to the server computer with Finder? Is it working?

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally I can solved it, thanks for the help, I don't really know which was the solution, because I tried a lot of things in the process, but if someone have the same problems, the most important things I did (I Think) was to open the port through Terminal and Firewall, inserting some commands and allowing incoming connections, and also I put the host name of the server as IP address not as Pc Hostname, I think this last thing was the main change, because the real hostname on MacOS use " ' " sometimes, but when BIMcloud create the server hostname its delete the ' , so I think that make some troubles.

I hope this help someone in the future.

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,