Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

How does a team work on an ArchiCAD file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can many people work on the same house?

Big building I imagine hundreds of people working on the same file, while I have problems with 5 people working on it;)

One is working on roof, one terrain, one facade, two interior.

I've started using Onshape, but it's not BIM; it's a cloud CAD solution, but working many people on it, everyone sees the changes.

Is there no cloud solution for ArchiCAD or is it on the way?

Anyways, how does one do it, when dealing with files today?;)
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Ehm, with Teamwork.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Search for the 03 GRAPHISOFT Collaboration Guide.pdf, installed with Archicad. There is linked files (say a building model file, a site model file, a layout file), there is published and linked modules, there is Teamwork, which you can combine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Our office only works on Teamwork, as we only deal with large jobs, so we need lots of people working at the same time on different areas, So we set the pln. file into a Teamwork file.

This allows everyone to reserve sections of the building and makes sure ppl don't do the same thing twice or change things people are currently working on.

BUT one big tip is to make sure you don't overload the file with external sources or if you need to, make sure the that the external source files linking to the 'TW' file is in the same place so it dose not slow it down.
Learn and get certified!