Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Dividing a teamwork file into model and layout files

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

we had a problem with one teamwork project that was getting really big and slow to work with. The file on the teamserver was about 4 gigas and a .pln made of the teamwork file 1,1 gigas. We decided to split the file in two (model file and then a separate layout file) to make it smaller. However, even after deleting the layouts from the original file, it is still 4 gigas on the teamserver although a .pln made of the teamwork file is now only 400 megas. Can anybody tell, why the teamwork file on the teamserver isn't any smaller although the .pln made of the file got 700 megas smaller after moving the layouts to a separate file?

Thanks for the answers!
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
See the topic below this one about large file size. The workaround / method is to re-upload the project to server now and then.

Does this make sense? No.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
Erwin wrote:
See the topic below this one about large file size.
It may not always be the post below so here is the link.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=38211

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
In case of teamwork projects where model and layout are split up, question (haven't tried this in ages): doesn't it make sense to publish PMKs and bring those PMKs as drawings? Especially if there are people working long-distance, but not only for that —I would guess it reduces transfer, calculation, status check time.
runxel
Legend
Ignacio wrote:
In case of teamwork projects where model and layout are split up, question (haven't tried this in ages): doesn't it make sense to publish PMKs and bring those PMKs as drawings? Especially if there are people working long-distance, but not only for that —I would guess it reduces tranfer, calculation, status check time.
We do this in our office most of the time.
The publishing of PMKs has the nice effect that you can choose which new plans to publish, and which not, so unnecessary updating in the layout file is avoided.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»