Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Matching my Build number with consultants build number

Wokka
Contributor
Hi,
I do a lot of contract work for various size firms. One of my current clients is running BIM server on build 3636, and so is the rest of the office. I've ran the hotfix prior to this work and I'm running 3862. Is there a way I can hotfix 'back' to the previous version so I can be compatable with the office server?
Thanks
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Not as far as I know.
You will have to uninstall and then re-install up to hotfix 3636.

Actually you won't need to uninstall if you just rename the existing Archicad program folder to say "Archicad 14 build 3862"
Then install 14 again and you should have a second version.
Then you can run which ever build you want.

Or you could have the office upgrade.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Wokka
Contributor
Thanks Barry!
I doubt 20 people want to run the upgrade and BIM server just for little old me... ; )
Will renaming the Archicad folder affect any of my add-ons etc?? Cadimage seem pretty concerned about naming conventions etc...

Cheers
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Barry Kelly
I couldn't say for sure what would happen if you renamed the Archicad folder and then started using add-ons.
I suspect they might work but any data files they create might be saved in the correctly named Archicad folder rather than the renamed folder you are working from.
I don't think this would be a problem as they are just data files for reference and storage of info so shouldn't matter where they are.
But test first.

I don't have any Cadimage add-ons or others (just the default Graphisoft ones) but I have run different build numbers before with no ill effects that I noticed - but have never used teamwork.
I have even used different country versions although this may be a little different as I think they install separate registry entries (Windows machines).

But a foolproof (I think) but slightly painful way of working would be to rename the "Archicad 14" folder to "Archicad 14 build 3862" and then install 3636 which will now be called "Archicad 14".
When you want to work on 3636 all is good.

Now if you want to work on 3862 rename the "Archicad 14" folder to "Archicad 14 build 3636" and rename "Archicad 14 build 3862" back to "Archicad 14".

As I said a bit messy but it should work.

Just wondering (and I haven't tried this) but if you install build 3636 and give it a different folder name through the installation dialogue then it should work fine when run without having to rename folders.
Any add-ons you need to install for this version just need to be installed wth the new folder name in mind.
I think most add-ons will ask for a default or custom installation path.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11