Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Other users can't see newly copied project on BIM Server

Bill
Contributor
When I copy a project directly within the BIM Server manager, I am immediately able to see it and open it, but others in our office cannot... not even with either restarting Archicad or their machines... it never becomes "available" to them.

Am I missing some step?

Thanks

Bill
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
4 REPLIES 4
Bill
Contributor
Beuller...?
Bill Szustak RA

Istvan Moharos
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Bill wrote:
When I copy a project directly within the BIM Server manager, I am immediately able to see it and open it, but others in our office cannot... not even with either restarting Archicad or their machines... it never becomes "available" to them.
Hi,
I suspect most probably the access control is not set right for the projects. By default every new projects are created with a default access control which means Everyone can access the project with his/her default role.
Check the Access page in the affected project's page in the BIM Server Manager's web-interface. Does it have the "Everyone" group with "Member's default" settings? If not, add it or add the users one by one to the list. And make sure that all users have a default role as well.
István Moharos

Manager, Technical Services

GRAPHISOFT
Bill
Contributor
István,

Thanks for the reply, and that was exactly the issue.

What makes the process not intuitive is the fact that, after the project is copied, the project's settings list it as "Accessible." Once I saw that, I figured that the project is able to be accessed by anyone... there isn't any indication that I need to specifically add users to the project. Because I need to do that, the project really isn't 'accessible' to anyone yet. Maybe there's a better way to list the status of the project at that particular moment.

But, anyway, thanks for the help! It'll definitely save me time instead of having to save a .pla and then teamwork it again!

Bill
Bill Szustak RA

Istvan Moharos
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Bill,

In the Access page you can add the Everyone usergroup (this is a hidden usergroup) to the list if you want to give access to all users. So it is not absolutely necessary to add the users one by one to the list.

Otherwise, a user with a project or server administrator management role can access the projects even if the Access Control list is empty.

Regards,
István
István Moharos

Manager, Technical Services

GRAPHISOFT