cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

Recovery bimcloud data. Urgent!

Gegasandhi
Participant

My computer with BimCloud installed is damaged. But the data on drive C can still be safe, including the BimCloud installation data. can I utilize the data on different computers and bimcloud? And how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
scottjm
Advisor

You could try installing a new BimCloud Manager and Server and copying the contents of the Projects folder from the corrupted install to the new install.  The projects may appear as an unlinked project inside the website bimcloud manager interface.

Or alternatively you can import the .archive snapshot in the Backups folder for each project in the Projects folder, or copy the PLN to your main computer and re-share that.

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

While you wait for an answer here, be sure to contact your local Archicad support people.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
scottjm
Advisor

You could try installing a new BimCloud Manager and Server and copying the contents of the Projects folder from the corrupted install to the new install.  The projects may appear as an unlinked project inside the website bimcloud manager interface.

Or alternatively you can import the .archive snapshot in the Backups folder for each project in the Projects folder, or copy the PLN to your main computer and re-share that.

Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Gegasandhi
Participant

I tried importing the .archive file and it worked. But a missing object occurred. What about library files? Which file should I import to avoid missing objects?

Screenshot 2023-10-17 174428.png

scottjm
Advisor

The BIMCloud libraries live in the Attachments folder and I believe you should be able to import the archive files back into the manager the same way. 

you will like likely need to relink the libraries to these reuploaded BIMCloud libraries though. 

I didn't find the .archive file in the attachment folder

Screenshot 2023-10-19 100641.png